ILS Project Web sites
Open Source Software
Articles From Library Journal
- IMLS Boosts Open Source ILS Project for Large Public Libraries - Josh Hadro, 10/12/2009
- OLE Project Gains Support of Kuali Foundation - Josh Hadro, 11/19/2009
- Duke Open Source ILS Funded - Andrew Albanese, 09/01/08
- SirsiDynix Document on Open Source Draws Fire - Josh Hadro 12/15/2009
Individual or Authored Web sites
- Official Marshall Breeding Web site
- http://infomotions.com/tmp/oss/support.html (Paid Support for OSS)
- Open Source Bibliography
- Open Source ILS Glossary
- http://www.evergreen2010.org/ (Evergreen Conference)
- Michigan Opera Theatre Library
- Survey on Open Source in Libraries
- Everygreen Feature Evaluation
- Computers In Libraries "...a monthly magazine that provides complete coverage of the news and issues in the rapidly evolving field of library information technology."
OHIO EVERGREEN CONSORTIA
January 14, 2010
SEO (Serving Every Ohioan) Library Center Launches Evergreen Evaluation and Demo Database Site
The SEO Library Center and the State Library are pleased to announce the release of an Evergreen Open Source ILS evaluation report and launch of the SEO Evergreen Evaluation and Demo Database site. The report and demo site are part of the Open Source ILS Project. Public libraries are encouraged to use the SEO Evergreen Evaluation and Demo Database site and provide feedback on its functionality, usability, and desirability. The project provides an opportunity for a new centrally managed Open Source ILS consortium for Ohio libraries.
As part of an evaluation process for the project, the Open Source ILS software, Evergreen, was installed at the SEO Library Center. Hardware was purchased and installed and 25% of the SEO Consortium bibliographic data was migrated to the demo database. The migration and support services have been provided by Equinox Software, Inc. This project was funded through an Institute of Museum and Library Services Library Services and Technology Act grant awarded by the State Library of Ohio.
Results of the evaluation process and necessary information for accessing the demo environment can be found on the SEO Library Center website. The demo site allows the Ohio library community to test and evaluate the Evergreen functionality at a local level. The database will continue to be available and upgraded to include the most current modules and releases when available. Information for accessing and using the test demo database can be found at the following link http://library.ohio.gov/SEO/Evergreen.
The SEO Library Center is determining interest in a possible Ohio Evergreen ILS Pilot. If you are considering a migration to a shared centralized Evergreen ILS, please submit your library’s interest by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Dianna Clark at 877-552-4262. The pilot group will be the first libraries in Ohio to participate in a consortial Open Source ILS using Evergreen. This shared catalog will be hosted at the SEO Library Center. In addition, pilot libraries will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to policy development and the creation of functional standards for the Ohio Evergreen consortia.